The original Greensome Lane ran from near the White House to Tillington across the Doxey Marshes.
When the railway came in 1837 the lane was cut leaving the southern part of Greensome lane as just an access to the reed and willow beds on the Marshes.
An extended Greensome Lane was a major part of the new council estate built after the war. It looped east to join the original Ashley and Marsland Roads overlooking the allotments on the bank down to the Marshes.
When redeveloped a new section was built south to Bradbury Rise .
Until 2003 'western' Greensome Lane was the boundary between Stafford on the east and Seighford on the west.
A somewhat undulating area to the east of 'New Doxey Fields' bounded by the line of the old Greensome Lane was used to provide 75 new houses in the late nineties. The footpath running from The Ridgeway to the railway line is a remnant of that original Greensome lane. The continuation on the other side of the railway line can be traced as a raised 'causeway'